“Reiki” is pure life force energy, and a simple, profound protocol for working with that energy. Often regarded as “a laying on of hands,” it is actually a method for channeling the life force to yourself or another for healing.
Reiki is universal, and can be made accessible to any ethnic, racial, or religious group, as long as no dogma is attached. As such, Reiki for Reparation is a 3-week intensive designed to bring this healing energy full force into the Black DAEUS community.
DAEUS stands for “Descendants of Africans Enslaved in the United States.” The havoc that institution wreaked on our ancestors is no secret, nor are the effects of various types of overt and covert racism on our present-day communities. Health disparities, mental distress, spiritual disconnection, and educational, political, and financial disempowerment are just a few of the areas in which we need a deep healing. The damage done has been forced upon us. The reparation will, and has always, come from within.
When you join this course, you’ll be given the tools, the support, and the guidance to begin using Reiki for the benefit of yourself and others. You’ll be certified as a Reiki Level 1 practitioner, plus receive a variety of bonus materials to help accelerate your ability to work with this energy.
Video lectures, course slides, and a downloadable manual are supplemented with articles, meditations, and weekly live discussion groups, and you'll enjoy LIFETIME ACCESS to them all! Join a community of healers via our Facebook group, where you can continue to learn, discuss, and share the impact of this work even after the course ends.
Reiki for Reparation is not just another online course, and there are no other Reiki programs like it. This is a movement for our healing. Join us.
About the instructor
Carmen R. H. Chandler calls forth ancient wisdom to create modern holistic wellness therapies. A native of the Washington, DC area, she is dedicated to providing innovative, culturally relevant health solutions for the Black DAEUS (Descendants of Africans Enslaved in the United States) community. Infusing her work as a Reiki Master Teacher, dance healer, and educator with principles rooted in the African diaspora, she is a self-professed “student of the old-school, teacher of the new.” Living by the adage that a healer is one who heals herself, Carmen uses her knowledge and experience to create workshops, design courses, invoke rituals, and hold spaces where others can do the same.
Carmen is the creator of The Body Temple. She received a B.A in African American studies and a B.A. in Communications from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. She was certified in Massage Therapy by the Arizona School of Massage Therapy.
"Is this course for me?"
It's wonderful that you're considering becoming a part of this course and joining the movement! Reiki for Reparation is one of the most thorough Reiki Level 1 courses available (whether online or in-person), and the ONLY one dedicated specifically to the Black DAEUS community. In addition to getting everything you would learn in a traditional Reiki 1 class, you'll learn how to discuss and use Reiki with the people closest to you, facilitating healing on an individual and group level.
You'll also have LIFETIME ACCESS to a constantly growing list of additional resources to help you deepen your understanding of this healing art. And you'll join a community of Black Reiki practitioners who are dedicated to community wellness.
PLUS, you'll have the chance to be an integral part of creating The Body Temple's vision of "a healer in every household," shaping the course with your feedback. For a limited time you'll also get a hefty discount. Experts have suggested this course be valued at $399, but you can get it now for only $175 - more than half off the full value. Finally, you'll have the chance to gain first access to the Reiki Level 2 and Master/Teacher courses when they launch.
Not trying to push (convincing people to heal themselves is not what I do), but for all that you're getting at this heavily discounted investment, reserving your spot today is probably a pretty smart move!
Still, to put it bluntly, Reiki for Reparation is NOT for everyone. There are a few things to consider before you join.
This course may not be for you if:
- You only want to use Reiki to make money. While Reiki is an excellent way for anyone to produce an additional stream of honest income (and this course will give you many tips on how to do so), intention is key. I support the need to build financially in our communities, and see this course as a way to assist in that effort. With that said, I believe the true power of tapping into Universal Life-force Energy is to help us be self-determining in this, and every respect. While we acknowledge money as a tool that helps us move through the world with greater ease, the mission of The Body Temple is to help evolve a new culture - one in which we acknowledge that true generational wealth is found in our health, our wholeness, and our ability to naturally regenerate ourselves.
- You're not prepared for a life transformation. You may have seen this course described as an “intensive.” That’s because this course will be INTENSE, in all of the best ways! I believe in the definition that states a healer is “one who is healing herself.” In this course, that means we’ll be doing the work to experience the best benefits of Reiki in our own lives, in addition to learning techniques to help others. We’ll be meditating every day for the full 3 weeks, doing daily self treatment for 2, journaling regularly and discussing our experiences during weekly live sessions to move deeper into the work. This WILL cause a shift in your life... and shifts shake things up! This full version of the course has very limited enrollment (it maxes out at 33). One of the primary reasons for that, in addition to the need to keep the energy active and pure, is that my intuition keeps telling me in its most authentic voice, “Errybody ain’t ready.” If that’s you, trust me, I get it. But, if you are ready, you absolutely do not want to miss out on this opportunity.
- You believe “reverse racism” is a thing. Listen. I’m not going to spend too much time on this. If you don’t really understand why Black people need a Reiki course that centers our needs, our experiences, and our self-image, this course isn’t for you. Furthermore, Reiki for Reparation (and everything offered under the banner of The Body Temple) is designated as a white supremacy and patriarchy-free zone. As such, it is my first priority to create a safe space for Black/POC people to heal. Any action that violates that boundary will be taken seriously, and result in dismissal from the course. This is the only exception to The Body Temple’s 100% Money Back Guarantee – if you’re dismissed from the course for inappropriate conduct, you won’t receive a refund. However, if you consider yourself a true ally, and want to support this community as we move forward in healing, there are many ways you can do so, including donating to our scholarship fund.
If none of these sound like you, then it’s pretty likely that you’re in the position to get a lot out of this course.
And Reiki for Reparation is DEFINITELY for you if:
- You know we are the one’s we’ve been waiting for. For many centuries, the truth of who we are has been obscured. But things are changing. People are waking. Momentum is building, and The Culture is stronger than ever. It’s our time, and to make maximum impact in this moment, all of us who are called will lend our gifts. In 1972, Angela Davis said “if you're going to talk about a revolutionary situation, you have to have people who are physically able to wage revolution." This is true whether you intend to use Reiki primarily for self-healing, in your immediate family, or in the wider community. If you value the ability to heal yourself and others, and if you see that work as being connected to the larger mission at hand, this course is for you.
- You’ve been seeking the skill, discipline, focus, and support to change your life on multiple levels. Reiki is pure Universal Energy. It is everywhere, in everyone, and is unlimited in its scope. At the same time, the way that we practice and prepare to channel Reiki in this course is designed to concentrate that energy, to direct it, and to use it purposefully for our individual and collective elevation. Reiki for Reparation will not only teach you the basics of Usui Reiki, it will also cultivate the intangible skills that are vital to experiencing its highest benefits. You’ll learn to use Reiki to affect not just your body, not just your mind, and not even just your soul, but your whole life. End procrastination. Quit negative self-talk. Stop comparing yourself to others. Nurture better relationships. Work through anxiety, depression, attention deficit, and chronic pain to step into alignment with who you are meant to be. (And when all of us healers get in formation, our community will become what it’s meant to be.) If you know, or even suspect, that working with this energy is a part of your path, but haven’t been able to get your life in enough order to figure out where to start, Reiki for Reparation is for you.
- You want to be part of the movement. These days, healing is usually deemed a deeply private affair… and in many ways it is. But for so many of our ancestors, as well as a myriad of African, First Nations, and other indigenous cultures around the world today, healing is a community event. It is not uncommon for certain cultures to invite whole families, even entire villages to support the healing of one person. This based on ancient wisdom – we are all connected. There is no such things as a sickness in one that does not affect the whole, so everyone lends their energy to resolve such issues. It follows that, as one draws on the strength of a community to heal themselves, the whole group experiences a healing as well. The online community you’ll have access to as a member of this course recreates that wisdom for a modern time. It’s a place where we can draw upon each other for assistance in our healing journeys. It’s also a place where we can focus, strategize, and hold each other accountable to the principles of our community healing efforts. If you value the opportunity to learn and discuss openly in an environment of like-minded healers, and if you know we’re stronger together than alone, Reiki for Reparation is for you.
Access this simple, profound healing technique for yourself. Get it for your family. Learn it for your ancestors. Work it for all of us. Do it for The Culture.
Course Value: $399
Regular Price: $299
Reserve your spot now: $175
And remember, this discount only lasts for a limited time. Join this community now to gain lifetime access to all lessons, resources, and updates.
I hope to see you on the other side!